Saturday 5 May 2012

Monte Carlo Finals day

At last finals day had arrived,although I was nervous I was determined to try and enjoy today, this really is the most beautiful venue, surrounded by the sea and stunning scenery how could you not enjoy this place.



My main worry for the upcoming clay season was once again Rafa would lose a final to Djokovic, we had gone through so many disapointments last year there was a seed of doubt, although you can never write off Rafa especially on clay but we all knew Rafa had to get this monkey off his back sometime and today was as good as any.

There was a great turn out of Rafa fans and he certainly seemed to have the crowd on his side the sun was shining and within a few minutes of this match starting my nerves settled and I started to relax, don't know what it was about Rafa today but he had the business face on and Novak was not taking his Monte Carlo crown away from him.


After what seemed like the shortest final I can remember Rafa was victorious winning the match 6-3 6-1 at one point in the second set I was starting to worry it was going to well and kept awaiting A fightback of some description from Novak, but it never came.


The relief I felt at this victory was enormous I feel Rafa is hitting some sort of form as he is heading up to the French Open knowing he can beat Novak and his game certainly seems to be coming together here's hoping for a good year.

It was wonderful to see Rafa lift the Monte Carlo Masters for the 8th consecutive year that in itself is an amazing feat and of course the joy of seeing another trophy bite in Monte Carlo is amazing.

I have to say this is my favorite tennis tournament it has it all, the beautiful scenery,the weather,the best players on the planet and a wonderful week to catch up with friends and fellow Rafa fans I can't believe my amazing week is coming to and end and tomorrow it's back home flying into Liverpool.
So here's a few more final day pics and doesn't he look happy.
-
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment