Sunday 17 January 2010

First Slam of the year


Those of you who know me will realise over the next two weeks I will be an emotional wreck, my sleep pattern will be all over the place, I won't be able to eat properly (not a bad thing after the excess of Christmas) I will be keeping unearthly hours and not be able to function properly.

No worries though it is just the First grand slam of the year in Tennis. It is played in Australia so the time zones play havoc with your life. Why do we do it I wonder? what is it about Sport that can play havoc with your emotions. One minute you can be so high, the next you can be rock bottom, I guess the highs outweigh the lows every time so thats why we put ourselves through it.

For me I will be following one man throughout it all Rafa Nadal, he has reawakened my love of the game over the last five years. His beauty and grace on the Tennis court is truly something to behold, his courage and sportsmanship is matched by none.

Rafa I wish you all the luck in the world and if you lift the trophy again this year the next two weeks of agony and nervous exhaustion will be worth it.

Vamos Rafa.

No comments:

Post a Comment